The American Indonesia Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately 40 new Fulbright under the Scholarship Program Fulbright presidential pursue Ph.D. Degree in the United States for the 2007-2008 school year. The Fulbright Program in Indonesia promotes mutual understanding between the Republic of Indonesia and the United States of America through educational exchanges and academic scholarship. Fulbright Scholarships are available for Indonesian citizens with appropriate qualifications as stipulated in the description below.
Eligibility and Requirements
Preference will be given to applicants who serve or plan to serve the faculty members of the state and private institutions of higher learning in Indonesia and never received any Fulbright Scholarship.
Candidates who possess:
- A bachelor’s degree and / or control of a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.00).
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A good understanding of other cultures and Indonesian.
- A commitment to the chosen field of study.
- A willingness to return to Indonesia at the completion of the Fulbright program and take academic positions in higher education when they return.
- A TOEFL score (min 550).
Note: Based on recent changes in the demands of American institutions, the TOEFL requirement of this programme has been changed. The new requirement is the following: “In general, the requirement of TOEFL doctoral program is 575 and above. However, in some areas, a score of 550 and above will be considered.” (Grant duration is 3 years.)
Field of Studies
All disciplines and fields of study are eligible for a Fulbright Scholarship. Priority areas are: social sciences, religion, science and engineering, law and education-in particular, education and the English Higher Education Administration.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the appropriate application form. Forms are available by mail or in person at the Office AMINEF, Gedung Balai Pustaka, 6th Floor, Jl. Sahara Gunung Raya 4, Jakarta 10720.
AMINEF Please go back to your complete application by the deadline which includes:
- Completed application form. This includes well-written and concise objective study.
- A copy of your most recent, less than two years, TOEFL score report.
- A letter of reference, either from your current employer or previous speaker.
- A copy of transcript of records (English translation).
- A copy of the identity document (passport or KTP).
Specific questions regarding the application process are accepted by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com. We do not accept e-mail applications. Hard copies should be sent or delivered to the American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
The deadline for submission of documents to apply for this program is May 31, 2008.
Note: The requirements of the program are subject to change without notice.
Visit the website AMINEF FULBRIGHT